Monday, March 21, 2011

Matrilineal Line

SNGF: Matrilineal Line

This weeks Saturday Night Genealogy Fun for Mother's Day fromRandy at Genea-Musings.
This is something I found on another blog but thought it was very interesting:


1) List your matrilineal line - your mother, her mother, etc. back to the first identifiable mother. Note: this line is how your mitochondrial DNA was passed to you!

2) Tell us if you have had your mitochondrial DNA tested, and if so, which Haplogroup you are in.

3) Post your responses on your own blog post, in Comments to this blog post, or in a Note or status line on Facebook.



Mine is:
  1. Me
  2. My Mom
  3. My Grandma, Violet Rivers {1919-1985}
  4. Etta Mae Simms {1878-1945}
  5. Phebe Jane Johnson {1842-1918}
  6. Matilda Huston {1812-1885}

No, I have not done this , but would like to, as it has been said that Matilda Huston’s mother was Native American.  If having my DNA done would tell me if this is true, it would be something I would like to do. My Dad had his done for Davis , and we are Western European  from his DNA,  Haplogroup R1b1a2.

No comments:

Post a Comment