Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fearless Females- Day 9

March 9 — Take a family document (baptismal certificate, passenger list, naturalization petition, etc.) and write a brief narrative using the information.

I chose the 1880 census because I don’t have my genealogy very organized right now, and I remembered this census:
David H. Chaney, Clinton Co., Ohio. He was born in Ohio as were his parents. Lucy, his wife, must have been the one giving the information. It says he is a Loafer and has a hernia. David Henry Chaney and Lucy had 6 children on this census, Ida, 11, Minnie, 9, Bertha, 7, Mary A., 6, Emily, 3, David, 1. Lucy later had Gertie before David left her. Just like Kim Cantrell’s grandfather he left these children in Ohio. He changed his name to John Henry Morris and settled in Indiana and started another family which my great grandmother was born to. My great grandmother was born in the family that was cared for, unlike Kim’s, but I feel bad for those children he left. I did not add the census here, as I don't have the license to use it, but you can look it up, David H. Chaney, Clinton Co., Ohio and you will see it says he is a Loafer.

No comments:

Post a Comment